Address to Utah Jazz Coaches and Players
September 28, 2010
Zions Bank Basketball Center
• This is my third season as CEO
• I prefer “Greg” to “Mr. Miller”
Welcome back to veterans and Raja
Welcome to rookies, Al and Earl
• As members of the Utah Jazz, you are the most visible part of the Larry H. Miller group of companies
• This organization is comprised of 70 businesses
• Approximately 7000 employees
• We do business in 13 states
We are in business for two primary reasons:
• To facilitate personal growth
• To protect and grow the resource base
• (Both apply to ALL of us)
• I am proud of the culture and reputation of the Utah Jazz organization
• Your conduct on and off the court matters (If you wouldn’t want your mom to see you doing it, you probably shouldn’t be doing it)
• Sportsmanship counts
Jerry Sloan has my full support. There is nobody I’d rather have coaching the this team.
We have an obligation to our fans and sponsors to give them their money’s worth. To me that doesn’t mean going 82-0, it means leaving it all on the court every night.
My dad used to say “I’ll never ask you to win, but I will ask you to give us everything you’ve got.”
A championship is the ultimate goal for all of us, myself included, but let’s not take ourselves too seriously. Have fun and stay loose.